This is a dual purpose hat/cowl. You can wear this as a ponytail hat or a cowl. The beautiful cable design gives this great texture. Please be sure to check out the pictures from my testers. Can’t crochet? of my testers will gladly do a custom order for you! Contact me!
Twizzlers Hat/Cowl /Ponytail Free Crochet Pattern
Please give this some love on Ravelry
Just a different version of the hat instead of ribbon I added pom poms!
2 colors of choice. I used Bernat Satin
Size H hook Tapestry needle Ribbon
Sl st-slip stitch
Sc – single crochet
Hdc-half double crochet
Dc –double crochet
Fptr-front post treble
Bpdc-back post treble
BLO-back loop only
Gauge: 2×2 inches sc = 10 rows and 10 sts.
Hat Band using MCCh 9, sc in each st across. Ch 1, Turn (8 sc)
For the band you will be working in the back loops except for the first and last stitch which are worked in both loops.
Sc in the first sc, sc in the BLO of the next 6 sc, sc in the last sc (working through both loops). Ch 1, turn (8 sc)
Repeat row 1- 77 more times for a total of 78 rows.
Sl st to form a cuff, sl st up the side of the cuff to close together, you will now work in the round.
Ch 1, sc around 78 times evenly, sl st to join. Turn (78 sc)
Rnd 2: CC
Ch 2, hdc in each st around, sl st to join. Turn (78 hdc)
Ch 3, *sk 3 sts, fptr in next 3 sts, fptr in the 3 skipped sts, fptr in the next 3 sts, dc in the next 4 sts*, rep from * to * rep. 5 more times, sl st to top of turning ch, turn (24 dc, 54 fptr)
Ch 3, *dc in the first 4 sts, bptr in the next 9 sts, rep from * to * 5 more times, sl st to top of turning ch, turn (24 dc, 54 bpdc) (You will repeat this round after every fptr round)
Ch 3, *fptr in the next 3 sts, sk 3 sts, fptr in the next 3, fptr in the 3 skipped sts, dc in the next 4 sts*, rep from * to * 5 more times, sl st to top of turning ch, turn (24 dc, 54 fptr)
Repeat rnd 4
Repeat rnd 4
Repeat rnd 5
Rnd 10: Repeat rnd 4
Rnd 11: Repeat rnd 3
Row 12: Repeat rnd 4
Row 13: Repeat rnd 5
Row 14: Repeat rnd 4
Rnd 15: Repeat rnd 3
Sc in each st around. Turn (78 sc)
Rnd 17: MC
Dc in each st around. (78 dc)
Finish off and weave in ends.
Weave ribbon or chain through each dc starting in the middle of the hat in the front.
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.
©Sheri Weber – All Rights Reserved.