Guest Contributor- “e” Lee from The Crochet Lounge
We’re going with list style answers – because I love them! 🙂
* Grew up as a single child
* Have 4 kiddos 7 and under (what a growth & adjustment period eep!)
* Thank goodness, the kiddos love all things yarny made by mom (at least one does on every project – and of course, the owner of said project since they are involved in the creation/selection process)
* Love all shades of purple
* Love social dancing (this is ballroom dancing on a casual level – got ‘hooked’ in college, but haven’t gotten to dance in the last 7 years – my, time flies)
How did you decide on the name for your shop/blog?
* Crocheting to me is about “Relaxing, Creating, Inspiring” (current TCL tagline) and the chaise lounge speaks that to me loud and clear. To take you through a bit of the process…
I actually sat and imagined the ambiance of an entire ballroom/hall/social gathering room starting with the high glass etched french doors with carved cherry colored wood as the bottom half and more etched glass as side panels to the doors. As you open the doors, you see a spacious lounge with fireplace , chaise lounges around and two (2) alcove spacing with floor windows with chaise as well as other bay windows.
There are sections available in with tall etched glass dividers, and open area with dining room styled round tables and comfortable, well cushioned, vintage type chairs with arms for chit chat, snack and hookery.
Exit the other side into the hall and a grand ballroom with fantastic wood flooring for dance, more chaise lounges, and chairs for the dancers. And yes, of course, to describe the chaise lounge… they are a deep purple with ornate decorations between 2 non-congruent sized humps and ornate curved legs as well as the visible bottom frame.
Although I don’t drink alcoholic beverages, I did imagine a large bar area with full glass/mirror shelving a barista for the hot drinks and a ‘bartender’ that mixed healthy cold drinks, and juices – with the order of smoothies done in a separate soundproof “room” or kitchen (this is a tough one because the blending action would destroy the ambiance, but I love open area service where I can see my drink being made… I suppose since it’s my imagination that we would have a soundproof see through casing that can be stepped through… that or just have a replicator (yes, trekkie here).
And there you have it – THE Crochet Lounge™ in a nutshell.
How long has your blog been open and why did you start it?
* Yes (42?) – to share the wonderful patterns falling off my hooks – and initially to design things for those who hook to hook for themselves (lost cause?)
What is your favorite item/s in your shop or on your blog at the moment?
* No fair *screams and pouts* 😛 Crochet.All.The.Things! Nonetheless, if I had to pick ‘something(s)’ it would be the Mariposas Set:
Where do you get your inspiration from?
Anything big/small/life/color palettes/nature/other works of art 🙂
What other things do you like to do in your spare time?
Read with the kids, go to the park with them, teach them crafts and learning and discovering life with them.
What would be the one piece of advice would you give to a person setting up their own shop/blog?
Decide sooner than later whether you are creating a hobbyist business or a real business and put the petal to the metal. I waffled, waited, and trotted along when I could have been blasting off the entire time (ok, not really, but with 2 boys at home that screams BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM and BLAST OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF as they run around all the time, it makes you believe you can ‘crochet.all.the.things’ and that everything you do can have a constant blastoff effect even when idle). If you decide to be a business, study with those who’ve come before because it beats reinventing the wheel – find a consultant/coach!
Where can you be found on Social Media?
Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/105170638473085181440
Thank you for being here.